The roles in and around Moments of Truth Management – Guest article, Doug Bell
To turn an organization into a Successful Customer Outcome-producing machine, adopt a simple governance structure that is easy to deploy and operate:
The Experience Manager leads the experience team for a specific customer experience. They are the central figure for:
- Setting the vision for a successful customer outcome (SCO)
- Measuring and reporting SCO production
- Identifying the moments of truth
Moment of Truth Managers lead the design of specific moments of truth.
They are the central figures for:
- Setting the vision for a Successful Moment of Truth outcome (SMOTO)
- Measuring and reporting SMOTO production
- Illustrating how to produce the SMOTO
Experience Producers either directly produce moments of truth for customers or support others who do. They are central figures for:
- Producing SMOTO’s & SCO’s
- Innovating to help improve outcome production
How to deploy & operate in existing structures
Select a customer and decide who will lead in The Experience Manager role
Create the Moment of Truth Management framework
- Set a vision for a successful customer outcome.
- Identify the moments of truth and a successful outcome for each.
- Define metrics that measure SCO & SMOTO production.
- Assign a Moment of Truth Manager for each moment of truth
Design each moment of truth
- Illustrate the organization’s plan for producing each SMOTO.
- Share the MOT framework & designs with all Experience Producers
- Give the Experience Producers a direct channel for sharing ideas to improve outcome production
- Report SCO & SMOTO production performance
- Evolve the MOT framework & designs to improve SCO & SMOTO production
James Dodkins (aka CX Rockstar) Video on Moments of Truth: https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6543961416389410816
TEM – How to Manage MOTs: www.theexperiencemanager.com
Moments of Truth 2019: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/moments-truth-v2019-steve-towers-ceo-cppc-acxc/