Social Media’s Impact on CX
- Today’s internet consumers want their online questions to be addressed promptly; 42% expect a response within one hour. (Ohio University)
- Failure to respond via social channels can lead to a 15% increase in the churn rate. (Gartner)
- When companies engage and respond to customer service requests over social media, those customers spend 20% to 40% more money with the company than other customers do. (Bain & Company)
- Customers who encounter positive social customer care experiences are nearly 3 times more likely to recommend a brand. (NM Incite via HBR)
- Companies with a social care program experience a 7.5% YoY increase in customer retention – those without only see a change of 2.9%. (Aberdeen)
- 60% of organizations still cite marketing (not customer experience) as the main function of social channels. (Genesys Research via the Professional Planning Forum)
Are you with CX yet? Join your fellow professionals in getting more scientific about the Customer Experience.